Just incase you missed it, I wanted to share some tips I gave at my “A Stylish Affair Event” on how to get the most out of your wardrobe. At times we often overload our closets with clothes that have no real value outside of the “value” of what it was marked at purchase. I recently read a post where it claimed that most people only wear 20% of the clothes in their wardrobe 80% of the time and honestly, I couldn’t agree more!
Think about it. Many of us have several pairs of jeans, shoes, handbags and accessories, however how often is every piece being utilized? In 6 months? A year? Maybe it’s time to do a a closet overhaul? Take a look at my list of how NOT to maximize your wardrobe and then check back tomorrow on how you can and do it effectively!
1. Shopping w/o a list-Just like grocery shopping, when you don’t make a list of the things you need, you end up buying the first thing you see out of a want and not a need.
2. Shopping with friends/family-They will encourage you to shop and spend money you know you have no business spending! I experience this first hand when out with my own mom 😉. It may not always be fun, but ultimately you will save yourself money and time from having to make a return when you shop with someone who will help you stay focused on what you need.
3. Buying trends- Not every trend is for you. Ex. Harem pants 🤦🏾♀️. You thought you loved them when you first saw them, then you got them home and now you are having second thoughts. Trust your instincts they won’t stir you wrong!
4. Just because it’s in your size does not mean you have to have it. Certain styles fit best for a specific body shape/type. Just because your girlfriend bought a dress you liked and she is a size 4, it doesn’t mean because it comes in a size 14 you need to get it. Be honest with yourself and think about the image you are trying to convey.
5. Sorry there isn’t one! Lol it feels weird only having a list of 4 as opposed to 5! However, you can leave me a comment with one to be added to the list! 😉
Simple right? Now check back tomorrow and see how to make maximizing your closet even simpler!