Initially I didn’t know what to think about these, but the more I see them, the more I think I may have to get me a pair! Dior was the first to come out with the “Tribal Double Pearl” style back in mid 2013 as part of their “Mise En Dior” collection. Now a little more than a year later, they are still gaining popularity!
If you desire Dior the prices will set you back anywhere from $600 to $800 because of the demand (which has more than doubled its initial starting amount). However, if you want your own pair (also referred to as the “360 studs”), you can get crafty and check out a YouTube video and DIY. But if that is not your scene, the next step is to go to places like http://www.Etsy.com, http://www.Amazon.com or http://www.Gojane.com for prices starting at $1 and up!
During this holiday season, nothing makes a statement quiet like a fur jacket…even if it’s faux! I love how the vintage look ads the perfect sophistication to any style. I actually have one my mother bought me several years ago that I never wore because I always felt it looked “too old.” I don’t know if it was that particular jacket I didn’t like or the fact that I am just older and can appreciate style, but I am diggin’ the look and definitely want another (picts coming soon)!
Faux furs pictured above are all available at Forever21 and on sale for $27.93-$45.53
Your “Little Black Dress” should be one that is easy to wear, good almost all season round and because it’s black, be slimming! This LBD by Max Cleo is a favorite of mine. I just love how it fits and all its little detailing (actually my only complaint is that there is no split in the back which doesn’t make it easy for climbing stairs)!:)
Indeed every woman should have a basic LBD that can be worn for almost all occasions. But it is important to note that your LBD does not always have to be plain in style nor do you only have to have just one. Life is all about options and choosing which LBD to wear for the day should be one of them!
Shout out to my little guy who when mommy needed a photographer last minute, he stepped in (they did not come out as clear as I would hope, but he did a great job)!
Dress-Max and Cleo/ Boots-Enzo Anglioni
I love bright colors especially when they are worn in the Fall and Winter! We all know that when its cold the only thing we really want to wear are sweats along with our favorite pair of socks and call it a day. The farthest thing on your mind is trying to put any extra effort into what you are going to wear.
Its so easy to allow the weather to dictate not only what clothes you will wear, but your mood. However, I challenge you to make the effort and wear some of those colors you would normally wear in Spring/Summer into the Fall/Winter. You would be surprised at how much it not only effects your mood, but your entire day! 🙂
Rouched Top, Skirt and Scarf-Nordstrom/Jacket-H&M/Boots-Aldo
Ever wanted to be “just one of the guys?” Well now you can with this latest trend of the season! Trading in your stilettos for a comfortable and stylish pair of oxfords is just one of the ways to rock this trend! Try these beauties with a pair of boyfriend jeans and chunky crop sweater for a casual look. Or, pair them with dress slacks and a button up for work. Even though we may love the menswear trend, don’t forget you are a lady and one must always have her accessories!!! 🙂
Since its really starting to feel like fall now, I had to put up my Fall Favorites! Is never too late to build onto your favorite trends and if you do it right, you will have pieces to carry you from one year to the next!
1. Wrap Coat/Robe Coat– Super Chic and whether you wear the short or long length you will definitely be in style!
2. Bold Prints– This is sure to make a statement either in a handbag, wrap scarf or skirt (the Midi Skirt is also apart of trend)!
3. Orange– We all know that “Orange is the New Black” is a hit TV series, well did you know that orange is also the color for Fall?
4. Animal Print– One of my favorites for this time of year! Not too big on animal and still want to be on trend? Try some touches of fun accessories like a cuff bracelet, scarf, or belt!
5. Crop Chunky Sweater- Great for those casual days with a pair of jeans and your favorite pair of flats!
6. Boyfriend Jean– Comfortable and can be worn with little effort paired with a fun top and boots!
7. Leather– It wouldn’t be Fall without it! Leather skirt, jacket, pants, hat or gloves, it all works (vegan leather is also a great alternative)!
8. Cape– Must have for the season and if you get it in Plaid, you get two trends in one!
9. Bucket Bag– Love it especially if it is a backpack that is also convertible!
10. Shoe Bootie– Not only is this a hot trend for the season, but Fringe is too! How cute is this 2 for 1 style?
Happy Shopping Everyone!
Anything metallic goes this season and the trend is not only shiny, but it’s bold and makes a fierce statement! Now if you are like me and not a die hard fan of the trend, (you may never see me in a pair of metallic pants, unless it’s an 80’s themed party), try some nail polish or eye makeup for a more settle approach. Who says you can’t be apart of a trend and still remain in your comfort zone? 😊